Tracy Rural Fire District (the District) shall maintain reserve funds. This policy establishes the level of reserves necessary for maintaining the District's credit worthiness and for adequately providing for:
- Funding infrastructure replacement.
- Economic uncertainties and other financial hardships.
- Loss of significant revenue sources such as property tax receipts or connection fees.
- Local disasters or catastrophic events.
- Future debt or capital obligations.
- Cash flow requirements.
- Unfunded mandates including costly regulatory requirements.